Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunset Lovers.

My lovely Boyfriend gave me the idea for this manicure. I wasn't sure what to do for the yellow challenge, & Alan came up with this idea. Whilst I didn't use it for the challenge, I was determined to give it a go today.

Of course, it's now February, the month of love. So theme for this is definitely love. I'm one of those annoying people who love Valentines day. I adore seeing hearts all over the shops, & couples walking arm in arm.

I've wanted to practice gradient for a while. It's a technique that I just haven't been able to get the hang on, which frustrates me to no end. I went with a Pink, Orange & Yellow for the sponge gradient. I then used a un-branded black polish along with one of my brushes to create the silhouettes.



I'm not great when it comes to freehand, I've seen a few other manis that used a stamper, & they look freaking amazing. Sadly, neither of my stamping plates had anything which could be useful.

It's so cold outside that this just makes me feel all warm & snug.

I'm trying to think up an idea for my next manicure, so until then,

Catch You Laters,

X

6 comments:

  1. Ermmmm I don't think there's anything wrong with your freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of it, but I've never been much of an artist, & think it could look a lot better. More so if I had plates with palm trees & a couple. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Such a fab idea, it's worked so well and I love the addition of the loversss so it's not just all palm trees. I definitely think that freehanding stuff like this really shows skill, if you'd used a stamp it wouldn't have really been your own work - it's cheating :-p I looooove these x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. o wooow! Your boyfriend had a great idea and You've done a great idea!! looks amazing... I want summer right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your ring finger is just so adorable! Great gradient and palm trees as well - they're too things I just can't get the hang of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Kayleigh! Free-hand work is so much better than any stamps or stickers. Yours are original works of art!

    ReplyDelete