Thursday 7 February 2013

30 Things About Me

I've seen this on a few other Blogs. I'm currently taking a break from blitzing our flat, & I wont have time to do any sort of manicure today, so thought I'd take part

Warning now, I'm not very interesting!


  1. I love Astrology. I'm a Gemini, whilst I don't follow every typical trait, a lot of it makes sense.
  2. I'm a crazy cat lady. I own two cats, Dennis & Freya. I treat them like my children, & if I didn't have a boyfriend, I would completely fit the cliché!
  3. I'm addicted to Tea! There is nothing in life that can't be fixed by a good cuppa!
  4. I'm my partners carer. I don't get any benefits for it, but I do everything a carer does. He's waiting for a hip replacement. I think something like this could have either been a make or break for us. Luckily we're still strong after five years.
  5. I'm currently unemployed. I spend every morning prowling through the internet applying for jobs, & one day a week going down town to look for opportunities. 
  6. I've only just started wearing make up at the age of 25! I've got such a baby face that I just looked like a little girl playing grown up. I've started to notice a few smile lines though!
  7. Leading on from that, I still get ID'd for lottery tickets!
  8. I used to have an eating disorder. I was in a bad relationship, & food was the only thing I had control of. I ended up at 7 stone at one point. I'm not not allowed scales in the flat, to make sure I don't get obsessed again. I'm now a healthy size 8.
  9. My eyes change colour depending on my mood. 
  10. I hate talking on the phone! I will often cancel a phone call just to get out of it. I've also avoided making a call to my insurance for my storecard as the whole thing freaks me out.
  11. I'm incredibly close to my twenty year old Brother. Our Dad disappeared in '97 & we've always stuck together because of this. I love that I can count him as one of my best friends.
  12. I also count his ex girlfriend as a best friend. Luckily they're still close, otherwise it could be awkward! 
  13. I've never been on an aeroplane. I don't understand how something can defy Gravity. It scares the crap out of me.
  14. I tend to speak before I think. Whilst it doesn't get me in trouble, I do tend to say some pretty stupid stuff.
  15. I hate my ears. They stick out quite a bit. I shall never forgive my Mother for not getting them fixed whilst it was free on the NHS
  16. My Mother is however also one of my best friends. I love her to absolute bits.
  17. My Nan suffers from Lupus. It's a horrible disease, & I'm so thankful it was mentioned so much on House M.D as it brought a bit more understanding to it.
  18. I don't like much modern music. I was definitely born in the wrong decade. Freddie Mercury is actually my Idol. If I had a time machine, I'd totally go back & save him.
  19. I always wanted to be an actress, & was set to go to Drama school after college. However I met a guy, the one I had the bad relationship with, who ripped up my dreams & confidence. Whilst I'm not going to be an actress now, I'm getting my confidence back, with is the biggest F.U I could give to him
  20. My Mother, Brother & Uncle are Ginger. I was always upset about this growing up as I felt left out. I wanted to be The Little Mermaid. A reason why I'm currently sporting red hair.
  21. I hate getting my hair cut. I'm always anxious about the cut, the having to talk to the hairdresser. What do you say? Even worse when you get the awkward silence! As a result, I haven't had my hair cut in nearly a year.
  22. I'm scared of the dark. I can't go out at night by myself.
  23. I find it difficult being friends with girls. I'm not sure why. I find it a lot easier talking to guys.
  24. I love football. I used to go to Reading matches & I watch my Brother play 5 a side every week. Sadly my boyfriend isn't a football fan, so I haven't even watched match of the day in years.
  25. If England are playing, my Brother comes round & we have to drink either Guinness or Carlsberg. It's become somewhat of a tradition. If they lose, it's obviously because we haven't had enough.
  26. I was named after the Marillion hit in the 80's. My uncle heard it & mentioned it to Mum. I'e recently learned that Mum actually stole it off of him & he would have wanted it, had he had daughters. Luckily he had two boys.
  27. I'm really shy & awkward at first, I tend to watch people & try & learn more about them before opening up. It's a hassle!
  28. I have a 'Babiest' Brother who is four years old. He is the most adorable kid I've ever known. & disgustingly intelligent
  29. I over use exclamation marks! I think they're so pretty haha.
  30. I love Snail Mail. The only letters I ever get are bills, but there is nothing better than a handwritten letter.
That was a lot harder than I thought, I really had to scrape the barrel! I'm quite a boring person really!

I'm hoping to do another manicure tomorrow, it all depends on if I can nick Megans fingers. 

Catch you Laters

x

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! This isn't spam - it's actually an award bloggers are nominating other bloggers for! Please take a minute to read about it on my post here (I was nominated as well) :) Congrats!
    http://www.missmanimonster.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award-my-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the hair cut thing. I hate getting mine cut, though it's seriously in need of it. I keep on trying to convince John to do it for me because I just don't want to have to go to the hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete