Friday 2 August 2013

Challenge 23 - Tribal!

HI!

Everything about this Manicure is new!

I was NOT looking forward to this one at all. I do like challenges, but this one is just a total shit to do. I'm not usually a fan of it when it's done amazingly, so I wasn't ever going to like this one.

Still. I have it a go, & whilst it is messy, it's not too bad for a first attempt at the design. I just ended up doodling whilst watching my boyfriend play The Last of Us on PS3, watching kittens on Livestream, & listening to Frank Turner. I AM WOMAN, WATCH ME MULTI-TASK.
Sadly, Alan has stopped playing to watch this weird film, Livestream wont let me watch anything &, well, I could listen to music still, but I'm not...

Anyway! For this design I used Mainly Barry M! I used the fancy black nail art pen for the doodles (Yay doodles!) I also used Dragon, Papaya, Blueberry, a limited edition yellow one & then Sinful Colors (Colours*) Pistache. I also used a couple of studs, just because I hadn't used them before.

I still haven't gotten new batteries for the cam, so bad photos again. Though, my kitchen light seemed brighter tonight!






I've got a new top coat on the way, so hopefully that's going to make things easier, stupid cheap & crappy top coat that ruins the nail art. I will get back into doing the clean up properly, starting by not being so messy in the first place, & by not using the palm of my hand to wipe my acetone soaked brush on!

I also need to focus on making my lines sharper. This was the first time using the nail art pen, so it was never going to be perfect. Then again, even if I was amazing, I'd find a fault. I'm my own worst critic sometimes.

It was a fun thing to do on a Friday night though, & I really think I'm getting the nail mojo back. I didn't have to force myself to do these, which is the first time for a long time. I'm looking forward to my nails being stronger, so I can shape them & make them look awesome, instead of different shapes & lengths.

Tomorrow I shall be doing metallic... I have zero ideas or this. Ah!

1 comment:

  1. They're great such a cool design, wish I was good at things like this!

    Shannon x

    Fangirls&Foundations

    ReplyDelete